This Chili Soup delivers the flavor of your favorite Chili Con Carne but in the form of a comforting soup… perfect for the rainy season!
Finally! After more than two weeks of not cooking, I’m back today with a piping hot bowl of Chili Soup. This was what was requested over the weekend by the husband paired with this Shrimp Tacos which was requested naman by the just-been-sick Ykaie. Welcome to our Saturday dinner. It was perfect because it was raining cats and dog that night.
I’m sure you noticed I’ve been a bit MIA here on the blog and in real life. That’s because we’ve been sick the past two weeks. We are okay now… Ykaie is still recovering but we’re okay.
We’ve been having a lot of Tex-Mex cravings here at home so I’ve been cooking mostly Taco dishes — soups, salads — you name it. I’m thinking maybe because it has a lot of nutritious ingredients that our bodies actually need these days.
For this Chili Soup, I used half ground beef and half Quorn Meat-free grounds to cut back on red meat. I’ve been meaning to go back on the health track because I’ve been both pleasure eating and stress eating the past months — especially last month. I gained back 25lbs of the 40lbs I lost. From 145lbs, I am now back to 170lbs. GAaaaah! My blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides, and all those health stuff are also starting to rise… huhuhu
So, I decided to kickstart my getting-back-to-health journey with #TPK100DaysToHealth — it’s like a 100 day starter to a healthy lifestyle. Parang masaya lang pangalanan para naman may motivation. (*wink*)
Happy start of the week everyone!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 200g ground beef
- 200g Quorn meat-free grounds (optional)
- 1 400g can diced tomato
- 4 cups water
- 3-4 tbsp chili powder or chili seasoning
- 1 400g can of red kidney beans
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- chopped cilantro
- diced avocado
- grated cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a pot and sauté onions and garlic until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and water.Stir in the chili powder.
- Bring everything into a boil then add the kidney beans, diced potatoes, diced carrots, and bell peppers. Simmer until vegetables are tender, then add the Quorn, meat free grounds. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro, diced avocados and grated cheese before serving.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!