Hello there! I hope you had an amazing weekend…
Care to know how my weekend was spent? Well,….
- I ran errands
- Got our rice cooker which we sent to Breville for repairs (thank God for lifetime warranties! and cousins who work there..LOL! )
- Went to Quiapo church with peanutbutter♥
- Did the laundry which was starting to turn into a mountain
- Started Hip Hop Abs once again because I feel like I needed to “move it”
- Had a mean Roasted Chicken with Broccoli and Cauliflower for one of our lunches
- Ended Sunday night on a Date with peanutbutter♥ in the rooftop, under the night sky…. (tipid mode)
It’s almost how our usual days go. It was such a regular weekend but we had an amazingly refreshing drink. THIS. Passion Fruit & Basil Cordial.
Sounds fancy, huh? It’s basically Passion Fruit Juice infused with Basil but I’d like to call it that way just because it deserves such a fancy name.
I’ve always loved Passion Fruit. It’s not always available in the local wet market or palengke, though. When I was young, I remember that I only get to see Passion Fruits when my aunt and cousins bring us some as pasalubongs from Lucban, Quezon.
Last week, I found a bunch of these golden fruits at Landmark supermarket and I bought two packs of it. It costs around ₱55 per pack which contains 6-7 pieces. My original plan was to juice one of the packs and make the other as something else. We ended up drinking all the fruits we bought.
You can include the seeds in or you can strain it out. Personally, I like to include the seeds because it adds extra oomph when you pour it into glasses.
This is such a beautiful drink, don’t you think so?
- 1 cup passion fruit pulp, seeds included
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups water
- juice of 4 calamansi (or any citrus fruit like lemon)
- a bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Let it cool into room temperature and transfer into a sterilized bottle. This is going to be your juice concentrate.
- To make your PASSION FRUIT AND BASIL CORDIAL, pour 1 cup of passion fruit concentrate into a large pitcher. Put a bunch of basil leaves and bruise the leaves with a wooden spoon to get the flavor out.
- Put lots of ice and some water/soda water. Mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- You can turn this into a cocktail by replacing the water with soda water and adding white rum or vodka.