I have been on a coffee break for almost ten weeks now. Yup, you guessed it right……. because of the growing baby in my tummy. I’ve managed to replace my usual morning coffee with non-other than Milo. In the first weeks of my pregnancy, I prefer chocolate drinks that are not overly sweet nor chocolatey but now that I’m on my third month, I’m starting to crave a little more taste and a little more flavor.
My SIL came home from Dubai the 2nd week of November and aside from a bag of chocolates and nuts she’s given us, we also got a big jar of Nutella. That jar of nutella on top of our microwave called on me yesterday and asked me to make it into this mug of hot chocolate….
It was stirred into a 2 cups of 2% milk, a few chocolate chips, then topped with roasted marshmallows……………
Ahhhh… just what I need after 9 weeks — perfection liquefied! Hold on tight.
The roasted marshmallows melts on top of the hot chocolate and a little bit of it goes into your mouth on every sip, giving bursts of intense smoky flavors. How’s that to start your day?
I was feeling a little Christmassy too, sipping my Nutella Hot Chocolate beside our Christmas Tree and pairing it with S’mores Bar from Gimme S’more and cookies from The Bald Baker courtesy of Nuffnang Country Manager’s Dinner the night before.
I roasted extra marshmallows too! Oh, I can’t get enough of it!
It’s been almost three months into my pregnancy and I feel that my morning sickness, picky eating, and sleepy bouts all throughout the day is slowly decreasing. Looks like I’ll be going back into posting recipes this month. Yaaayy!!
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- 1 tbsp milk chocolate chips (you may also substitute ½ tsp cocoa powder if you find choco chips too sweet)
- 1 tbsp nutella
- Pour milk onto a sauce pan and heat just until scalding hot (or just until before boiling point)
- Add milk chocolate chips and nutella.
- Whisk until everything dissolves into the milk.
- Roast the marshmallows over the stovetop flame or the oven toaster.
- Pour Nutella Hot Chocolate into a mug and then top with roasted marshmallows.
- Enjoy with cookies.