Running out of low carb meal ideas? This Low Carb Chicken Curry paired with cauli rice is an easy weekday meal that’s rich, flavorful, and delicious!
Can I tell you that I love Chicken Curry? If there’s one dish that has to be on the menu rotation here at home — Chicken Curry yon. It’s creamy, super flavorful, at ang sarap, especially kung may sawsawang patis na may sili. If you’re on a low carb diet, you don’t have to avoid serving Chicken Curry at home. You just need to remove the starchy vegetables ,which is the potatoes and carrots, and just keep the bell peppers.
And of course, instead of rice, you can serve Cauliflower Rice.
READ: Cauliflower Rice Recipe
It’s very easy to prepare. I’m sharing with you the video below so you can just see for yourself…
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
Ang dali lang, diba?
Are you on a low carb diet as well? What do you think about this dish?
OTHER CURRY YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Low Carb Chicken Curry
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion chopped
- 800g chicken pieces
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk (2nd piga)
- 2 cups coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- fish sauce (patis) to taste
- Heat oil in a pan/pot.
- Sauté garlic and onion until onion is translucent. Add chicken and fry it for about a minute or two.
- Pour in thin coconut milk (2nd piga)and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes and then pour in coconut cream (kakang gata).
- Add curry powder and mix well until curry powder is dissolved. You may add more if you prefer a stronger curry flavor.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender ( about 20-30 minutes) and sauce has thickened into a gravy.
- Season with fish sauce to taste.
- Add bell pepper, simmer for 30 seconds and then turn off heat.
- Serve with Cauli Rice and sawsawang patis na may sili.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!