Craving for Lechon Paksiw but trying to keep your New Year’s Resolution of keeping your health in check? Well, you can now enjoy a healthier Lechon Paksiw with this Piña-level up Lechon Paksiw na Manok!
No red meat and less cholesterol because we are using chicken. It’s a great dish to make if you have leftover Litson Manok from New Year or Christmas Eve. Since it’s very easy to prepare, you can also make his whenever you’re pressed for time but you need to whip up something delicious for a guest.
Click here for the original recipe.Print
Lechon Paksiw na Manok
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 whole lechon manok, cut up
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pouch DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits
- 2 pc bay leaf/laurel leaf
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup lechon sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar, brown
- 1/4 cup bulaklak ng saging/banana blossom
- Sauté garlic, onion, and chicken for 2 minutes. Add water and remaining ingredients except banana blossom.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add banana blossom. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!