Mild Chili Con Carne that’s ready in 30 minutes! Great for dipping with chips or topped over hot rice…
The last week of May and first week of June has been a tough one for me. I was advised to be on bed rest by my OB because I’m having a bit of preterm labor. It was the hardest part of being pregnant because I love moving around the house. We don’t have househelp, so I have tons of mommy chores and mommy duties to do every single day. Cooking requires tinkering in the kitchen too and it was one of the things that I couldn’t do.
Last wednesday, I got a permission from my sweet OB to go swimming. It was sis’s “Huling Hirit sa Tag-Init” and we went to Club Punta Fuego. Even though I know I wouldn’t be able to join them swimming and gallivanting I still wanted to go because I wanted to snap photos of peanutbutter♥ and Ykaie. I know they would love the place — we’ve been there in 2012. (Our Room|Part 2|Swimming)
@purple_skye & @ayvino, wawa naman ako, di ako kasaliA photo posted by Peachy Adarne (@thepeachkitchen) on
I spent most of the time sitting by the pool area, taking photos with my phone, and watching these people who I love very much enjoy the last days of Summer…. (Will be posting our recent Club Punta Fuego Trip at MommyPeach.com)
When we got home by thursday, I am back on bed rest. peanutbutter♥ does some of the cooking at home these days. Sometimes I get tired sitting and lying around that I get stubborn. I stand up do light things and whip up something that’s easy to make. This Chili Con Carne is one of them. I’ve been craving for this for weeks now!!!
What I love about Chili Con Carne is that it’s one versatile dish. You can eat it as it is, serve it with cornbread, chips, or top it on hot rice. You can also turn it into a soup or pasta dish.
I am looking into topping this on potato chips and cheesedogs in the next couple of days…
- 500g ground beef
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can diced tomato, undrained
- 1 pack McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- grated cheese, sourcream, and chopped green onions for garnish
- Heat oil in a small pot.
- Sauté onions until transluscent.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Pour in canned tomato and kidney beans.
- Add tomato sauce, McCormick Seasoning, chili powder, and bell peppers. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- garnish with a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese, and chopped green onions before serving.