If you’re looking for something delicious yet easy to cook, I suggest you roast a chicken. This Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken is my go to chicken dish on a weekend because it looks really special but it takes very little effort to cook. I just make sure that I marinate the chicken a couple of days prior to roasting.
As for the veggies, I usually add potatoes and carrots and I add them at the beginning. Those veggies never gets overcooked especially if you put them close to the chicken. Sakto lang ang pagkaluto nila, kapag naluto na yung chicken. This is the first time I tried adding broccoli to my roasted chicken. I added it before putting it in the oven just like the potates and carrots.. hehe, tinamad kasi ako to add it later. The broccoli ended up crispy and a bit dry. I liked the crispness, though.
To make this Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken more delicious, I make a rich and creamy gravy to smother it with. Sharing with you the recipe below.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 garlic head, minced
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup olive oil + 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 potatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 carrot cut into pieces
- 1 large broccoli, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken cube
- 3 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Combine the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry the chicken and place it on a large bowl.
- Rub the entire chicken with salt and pepper, rosemary and minced garlic including the inside.
- Transfer to a large ziplock/sando bag. Pour in the olive oil and lemon mixture and rub until the whole chicken is coated with the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to cook dinner.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC .
- Place your chiiken in a roasting pan and then place cut up veggies on the side - potatoes, carrots, broccoli) and sprinkle them with salt and dried rosemary. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Roast in oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Loosely tent with foil during the last 30 minutes of cooking to prevent the skin from over-browning.
- Make gravy while waiting for your chicken to finish cooking.
- Heat butter in a pan with the garlic.Let garlic infuse butter with flavor. Make roux, by adding flour and continue stirring until roux is golden brown in color. Add chicken cube and continue stirring.Pour in water and bring it to a boil. Season with and pepper to taste.
- Take chicken out of the oven and allow to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with gravy.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!