This Lobster Roll is so easy to make and so delicious… I just wish I could afford to eat lobster everyday…
Yay! I finally had my C-Section scheduled next week, June 20 (sis’s birthdate). It’s still a tentative schedule but it’s good enough. We can’t wait to see the newest member of our family. I wanted it to be scheduled on July 2nd which was peanutbutter♥‘s birthday but my OB told me that the date is too far out and I might go into labor by that time. – And so I chose the 20th. It’s in a week and we’re very excited. So if you don’t see me updating my blogs next saturday and the following days, I’m probably in the hospital welcoming another princess into our family.
To celebrate this upcoming special day in our lives is this Lobster Roll (which has an interesting backstory, if you’re interested).. As you all know, lobster is expensive in this part of the world. It’s not something we can afford to eat everyday but only on special occasions. In case you were wondering where I got my lobster, well, I got it from when we went to Club Punta Fuego in Nasugbu last week. On the way home, we passed by an old lady selling lobsters and curacha on the street. We weren’t able to resist and we bought some.
I felt cheated, though. A kilo of lobster costs ₱750 and the meat you get from a kilo is about only 1½ cups… *sob*. Unlike in hotel buffets, you pay ₱1,500 and you get to eat as much lobsters as you want.
Anyway, I thought of making the lobster we bought into this Lobster Roll because we just had Steamed Mantis Shrimp prior to this…and if we’re gonna steam this again, then that would be just like eating the same thing. Mantis Shrimp (Or Tatampal) is kinda like cheap lobster, right?
And so, to make the long story short, the lobster got steamed, the meat was removed and chopped, herbed, seasoned, and then tucked comfortably inside a buttered roll.
Served it with fried potato wedges on the side…. breakfast was yum!
How is your weekend coming along?
- 2 large lobsters, cleaned, cooked, and the meat removed
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp butter
- I used hotdog buns with the sides cut off for the rolls
- lemon for garnish
- IN a large bowl, combine lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sriracha, spring onion, and dill.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of rolls with butter and toast both sides in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat until nicely browned.
- Put a couple of spoonfuls of lobster salad between each roll per your preference. You can serve it with lettuce or without.
- Serve with some potato wedges on the side.