We Filipinos are very family-oriented. We nurture close family ties and hold as many family reunions as we can get our hands to. Along with being family-oriented, we also like to feast on delicious Filipino fare we love. Admit it, we have our favorites and these are dishes which are not to be missed on every occasion we attend to like birthdays, christenings, debuts, weddings, Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, and specially Noche Buena and Christmas Day.
With that said, and the last two occasions fast approaching, let me give you the Top Ten Filipino Dishes Present in Every Occasion.
10. Pancit– Whether it’s bihon, canton, or miki-bihon, you’ll surely find pancit somewhere on the table when there’s an occasion. For us, it’s always Pancit Malabon.
9. Spaghetti – If you can’t find pancit on the table, I’m sure it’s replaced by its counterpart: Spaghetti. It’s only a matter of which sauce is the designated cook’s favorite. You have Filipino-Style Spaghetti which the kids love, Carbonara, or Italian Style.
8. Pork Menudo – Need I say more? Pork menudo is always somebody’s specialty in the family and during pot lucks, they are the ones in charge of bringing it.
7. Macaroni Salad – Macaroni Salad is always a part of a festive table because it’s something you can pair with anything or eat on its own.
6. Beef Morcon – This was my mother’s specialty when she was younger. Cooking this one takes a lot of effort and a lot of time. It’s one of those much-awaited dishes whenever there’s a family occasion because it’s not something you can cook every day.
5. Fruit Salad – Fruit cocktail, creamy, and condensed milk are what make this ultimate dessert! Some people like it frozen, some like it just chilled. I like it on a big bowl with a spoon!
4. Buko Pandan Salad – One of my specialties is this Buko Pandan Salad which combine the flavors of coconut and pandan leaves. It’s mixture of sago, nata de coco, coconut meat, pandan jelly, cream, and condensed milk.
3. Pork Barbecue – You can never go wrong with Pork Barbecue especially when it is grilled just right. We usually marinate this in a sweet soy sauce-calamansi garlic marinade that gives it a sweet and savory flavor which you can smell a mile away when being grilled.
2. Beef Caldereta – Tender beef strips and rich, flavorful gravy makes Beef Caldereta one of the most sought-after dishes whenever there’s a special occasion. Some cook it with coconut milk and liver spread, some don’t.
1. Beef Mechado – This is my ultimate favorite and it will definitely not be missing on the dinner table during any special family occasion! I love it when the beef is slow-cooked for hours because that’s when the gravy thickens and become oh-so-flavorful!
With all of those dishes on the list, I definitely need a cookware that can keep up with my cooking. Something that can take on my battle in the kitchen. Something lightweight and convenient to use yet durable, efficient and versatile. That’s what’s gotten me #LockedInLove with the LOCK & LOCK Cherry Cookware.
This is what I’ll be using when I cook my favorite Beef Mechado on our upcoming Christmas Family Reunion.
I love that it comes with a glass cover. I don’t have to remove it each time I check it.
But what I ultimately love about it is that it’s very pretty! It looks elegant enough that you can just take it from stove to table right after cooking. It will blend right in with the spread and not stick out like a sore thumb.
You can get the new LOCK & LOCK Cherry Cookware at these Lock & Lock Boutique Stores:
- SHANGRI-LA PLAZA MALL
6F EDSA Shangri-La Plazacorner Shaw Boulevard, Manila
- EASTWOOD MALL
3F Eastwood Mall, BagumbayanQC
- GLORIETTA 4
3F Glorietta4, Office Drive, Makati
- BF HOMES
114 Aguirre St., Paranaque City
Upper GF AlabangTown Center, Ayala Alabang, Muntinlupa
- FISHER MALL
3F Fisher Mall, Quezon Avenue, QC
- QUEZON AVENUE
MegastateBldg., AranetaAve., corAgno St., QC
- FAIRVIEW TERRACES
G/L Fairview Terraces Mall, Paranaque City
To know more about the Lock & Lock Cherry Cookware, follow the Lock & Lock Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LocknLockPhilippines
The pork barbecue is my favourite!
Happy Holidays, Peach!
I love prok barbecue too. Happy Holidays Angie!
All of these dishes look lovely! I hope you enjoy your holidays!
The beef mechado looks delicious!
All of those dishes look delicious. I have to say, I’m surprised that spaghetti is on the menu.
Oh you have to try the Filipino style spaghetti.
Yum, everything looks delicious. I could totally go for some pork barbeque or beef mechado right now.
Those are great choices!
These dishes look so good. I have tummy issues so I can’t eat a lot of food, but if I could be at the very top of my menu.
I can see why these dishes are so common. They look great! I’d love to try the pork barbecue with that marinade.
I’m sure you’d love it.
Approved to SA aking pamilya
Bawat pagkain at klase Ng luto?❤️
I had no idea that macaroni salad was considered a filipino dish. I guess you learn something new everyday.
I think it’s the version of macaroni salad that’s considered filipino.. same as the spaghetti that’s a bit sweet.
Those meals look delicious! To be honest, I don’t think I have had a real Filipion meal before! I think I need to makes friends with someone who can whip up one of these!
One of my best friends is Malay – and she cooks a lot of similar foods – so delicious! I am in love with these foods
I think there are some similarities.
Everything looks delicious. I just had lunch and now I’m hungry again. Lol. I love Lock and Lock products!
Lock and Lock products are the best. It’s now one of my favorite cookware.
I have tried most of these except for Beef Morcon I am going to look that one up! I too think the right cookware is half the battle won! 🙂
My mom used to make the best beef morcon ever.
All of these look amazing! I’d love to try them all. The spaghetti looks so good.
It’s a bit sweet, though. I hope you like sweet spaghetti.
This food looks amazing. I have never had Filipino food before. The BBQ is the first dish i want to try.
the pork barbecue is a little sweet.
I don’t believe I’ve ever had Filipino food, but it all looks quite tasty. I think I’d love the Pork Menudo.
I’m sure you will because of the variety of ingredients in it.
Everything looks so delicious. I don’t think I’ve ever tried Filipino dishes before but I’d love to try each and every one.
I’m sure you’d like everything.
I’ve not heard of these dishes before, but they look and sound good. I especially would love to try the dish with all the shrimp in it.
I’m sure you’ll love these Filipino food.
Yum! It all looks so good! Can’t wait to try Filipino food!
I’m sure you’ll love Filipino food.
I have never tried Filipino before but it looks amazing. I need to look up a place close to me and go try it. I know my hubby would love it as well! The pictures are fantastic!
Thanks Coralie. I’m sure you’d love Filipino food.