Fall couldn’t be more complete with this salad of crisp apple slices, arugula, cranberries, and cashew drizzled with a tart and sweet Apple Vinaigrette…
Salads are back! Hopefully, I can make them stay for good.
I’ve been adding salads to our daily meal to keep it healthier and to inspire my daughter to fall in love with salads once again.
I wasn’t ready yet to let go of Fall yet but the holidays was able to sneak in without me knowing so to bid Fall adieu, here’s an Autumn salad made with ingredients that are in season — crisp apples. Oh, and we have lots of cashews at home courtesy of relatives from Palawan. So this is practically begging to be made. So good with this Apple Vinaigrette.
It’s still crazy here at the Adarne household. My mind is in a merry-go-round juggling work, mommy duties, household chores, and more work.
To add to all of the “excitement” everybody’s been coming down with something! The whole family has colds and the little ones have coughs to go with their colds. peeanutbutter♥ and I are worried sick with our little one. It’s hard to see her coughing at night when asleep. If only I can somehow absorb her coughs and colds, I will.
We were at the doctors yesterday and got prescriptions. I’m hoping everyone will feel better soon in a couple of days. We just have to. We weren’t even able to celebrate Twinkle’s 5th month with her Supergirl Party yet because we’re all sick. *sniff* .. And she’ll be six months old on Christmas Day.
In addition to that are a million more things I just couldn’t possibly divulge here.
Crossing my fingers I can get through this holiday unscathed.Print
Apple Cranberry Cashew Salad
- 4 cups of greens (I used a mix of arugula, romaine, and french red frissee)
- 1 red apple (I used fuji apple)
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Apple Vinaigrette (click for the recipe)
- Core the apple and sliced thinly.
- Combine lettuce, apple, cashew, dried cranberries and crumbled feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Toss to mix.
- Drizzle with Apple Vinaigrette just before serving and toss again.
- Serve as a side to meat or fish.