We suddenly miss eating creamy spaghetti with white sauce and lots of bacon! In short na-miss naming mag-Carbonara! So I decided to cook it for dinner this weekend. Perfect because we have all the ingredients here at home — thanks to friends (from Mekeni, Ideal Gourmet pasta, and Nestle All Purpose Cream). No need to go out and buy it from the grocery.
So, what has kept you busy over the week, mommies? Is it the kids online distance learning ang their module? Work? Or household chores?
Ako, what kept me busy are my growing fur babies! Ang hirap talaga mag-adjust. At the beginning of the year, my goal is to post at least 3-4 blogpost per week. Looks like I’m gonna have a hard time doing that because of the two fur babies that now occupies most of my free time. The good news is that hindi na ako masyado sinusumpong ng anxiety.Yay!
I know some of you has Filipino Style Carbonara on top of their pasta list. It’s one of Ykaie’s favorite and a pasta dish that Twinkle is still learning to love. I personally love it because it’s creamy, delicious, and takes 20 minutes to make. Yun nga lang, I can’t really eat a lot of it because of acid relux.
I’ve tried this with Spam and healthy spaghetti noodles. Kayo, do you have a special Carbonara recipe? Share it in the comment section so I can also try it.
OTHER PASTA RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 300g spiral pasta
- 250g Bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or 1 chicken cube + 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Pan fry bacon in non-stick pan until brown and lightly toasted and it renders its own fat. Remove bacon from pan. Set aside.
- Remove excess bacon fat except for 1 tbsp from pan and add in butter, garlic, and onions. Cook until onion becomes wilted and fragrant.
- Add all-purpose flour and cook for a minute.
- Pour in stock little by little while mixing continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Bring to a boil then pour in all purpose cream. Mix Well.
- Season with nutmeg. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in or pour over cooked pasta.
- Top with crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley before serving.