One of the best things about trying out beer and food pairings is that you discover something new about those that are already familiar. I am in my second leg in my beer and food pairings adventure brought about by my experience from the Ultimate Taste Test 2015.
If you haven’t read the first one, it was San Miguel Premium All Malt Beer Paired with Mussels and Fries.
Today it’s all gonna be about San Miguel Super Dry. I think it’s one of the most popular beer because I’ve seen friends and my husband drink it more often.
Looking at it a little closer I found out that San Miguel Super Dry Beer has a “crisper” flavor than, say, San Miguel Premium All Malt or Cerveza Negra. You can probably attribute it to the hops that is used to make it. San Miguel Super Dry Beer is brewed using European Hallertau Hops that have always been used in producing German lagers. Hallertau Hops are considered “noble hops” with very fine aroma qualities.
I’ve always been intimidated with beers, specially those that are aromatic and bitter. San Miguel Super Dry Beer possesses that distinct dry bitterness and aroma.
Well, guess what? That dry bitterness and aroma is what made it perfect to be paired with this Smoky Sriracha Ribs.
These ribs are fall off the bone tender and juicy. To make it flavorful, it was smothered with a dry rub of different spices and a sweet spicy barbecue sauce was brushed over it. Then it was roasted in the oven for two and a half hours! The waiting is unbelievably long but believe me when I say that it is worth every waiting second when you get your hands on these ribs followed by a sip of super cold San Miguel Super Dry Beer.
The flavors weren’t overpowering each other. That crisp, dry, bitterness and aroma is unbelievably perfect with tender, juicy pork ribs that has been infused with the sweetness of honey, combination of the different spices, and that zesty kick of sriracha. You can even add rice or turn it into a sandwich to make it a meal.
Now who’s up for a bottle?Print
Smoky Sriracha Ribs
- Baby Back Ribs (around 1.5kg)
- 1 1/2 tsp Spanish Paprika
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (I used Hunt’s BBQ Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC). Cover your pan with aluminum foil.
- Remove excess fat from ribs. Peel the silver skin (that’s the film like skin) off the back of the ribs – lift with a sharp knife and grab with a paper towel to remove.
- Prepare dry rub by combining the following ingredients in a bowl: salt, pepper, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Coat the baby back ribs with dry rub and place bone side down in your pan.
- Cover with foil to prevent it from burning.
- Roast Ribs in the oven for 2.5 hours depending on the thickness.
- Combine BBQ sauce, sriracha, honey and liquid smoke in a bowl, mix well.
- Brush all sides of ribs. Return in the oven without the foil cover and cook for 15 more minute or until bubbly.
- Serve with San Miguel Super Dry