Just as I have fallen in love with my LOCK & LOCK Cherry Cookware, friends from Lock & Lock Philippines sent over their newest frying pan for me to try last week. Just in time too because my old non-stick pan is already for replacement.
Lock & Lock’s new frying pan is called Hard & Light. It’s HARD because of the hard anodizing treatment that was used on it thereby making it more durable against scratches and corrosion. It’s LIGHT because it’s lightweight, it won’t get your arms and wrist too tired even after hours of cooking.
What’s nice about this frying pan is that it has Lock &Lock’s 3 -layers of non-stick technology which makes it very easy to cook in.
Check out how nice the bottom is….
I put it to test yesterday by cooking an easy, hearty, and healthy Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry for lunch.
Fresh broccoli florets, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper were stir fried until just crisp and tender. Just a towel’s wipe and the sirloin strips were ready for frying.
The sirloin strips were fried in little oil until just brown and then the vegetable goes back in the pan along with savory teriyaki sauce! Just a quick 2 minutes of stir frying and it was ready to serve.
So how was my Lock&Lock Hard & Light Experience??
Cooking: I love it’s non-stick quality. Even with very little oil, the vegetables and the sirloin strips did not stick to the pan. Because of it’s non-stick quality, you’ll also be able to cook healthier meals. You’ll be able to cook with less or no oil at all. This frying pan is lightweight and it’s very easy to handle when sautéing, frying, and transferring cooked food to a bowl.
Cleaning: Cleaning my new Lock & Lock Hard & Light Cookware is a breeze! The sponge just glides smoothly onto the surface. It’s hard anodizing treatment makes it resistant to rough handling during cleaning as well compared to other non-stick cookware brands in this category.
More to love: It’s PFOA and PFOS free. These are chemicals used in making these kinds of products and are harmful to our health.
If you want to have a Lock & Lock Hard & Light Cookware, you can get them at these branches:
2. Fisher Mall
3. Megastate Bldg. in Araneta Ave.
4. Shangri-La West Wing
5. Alabang Town Center
6. Glorietta 4
7. BF Paranaque
8. Lucky Chinatown Mall
9. Banilad Town Center Cebu
Hard & Light Wok 28cm: ₱1,949.75
Hard & Light Frying Pan 28cm: ₱1,749.75
Visit the flagship stores and get exciting deals on Lock&Lock!
To know more about the Lock & Lock Hard & Light Cookware, follow the Lock & Lock Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LocknLockPhilippines and @lockandlockph on Instagram.
Meanwhile, I’m leaving you with this delicious Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #thepeachkitchen. I’d love to see what you cook!
- you can use your favorite store-bought teriyaki sauce OR
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-inch knob of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 + 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large broccoli, cut into florets
- 500g Sirloin, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the sauce: Combine soy sauce, water, brown sugar, salt, garlic, ginger, honey, and sesame oil in a small sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil while stirring. Sauce will thicken. Turn off heat and set aside the sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in your Lock&Lock Hard and Light pan, Add the bell peppers and broccoli. Give it a quick stir for 30 seconds. Add 1 tbsp water and simmer until water has evaporated. Remove vegetables from pan.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 2 tbsp canola oil, add the sirloin strips and fry until a bit brown.
- Add the bell peppers and broccoli back in the pan and pour in the teriyaki sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and serve with hot steamed rice or quinoa