Sweet, tangy, sticky, crunchy Orange Chicken.
Oh I’m not gonna let that Summer heat stop me from making delicious in my kitchen! And so this Orange Chicken happened. Good thing I still have three oranges left in the fridge and a few streaks of my sanity.
How’s MECQ treating you so far, mga mamsh?
My anxiety is pretty active these days. Sometimes I’d get a ton of inspiration and feel so motivated. Sometimes, I just want to lie down and wait the until the day is over. I’m still uncertain about a lot of things and I feel like life is hanging somewhere.
I know we shouldn’t think too much about everything that’s happening around us — pero ang hirap!
So as much as possible, I just try to have a positive disposition…
So repeat after me, What’s important right now is that I’m HEALTHY and ALIVE.
Let’s think about all those other things later, for now, let’s just treat ourselves to yummy food — like this Orange Chicken, which is what you don’t know you’ve been craving for all this time.
It’s super easy to make, just make a pancake-like batter, marinate the chicken there. Fry the chicken to a crisp. Make the sauce and pour into the chicken.
- Use boneless chicken thighs because it’s moist and more flavorful. You can also use chicken breasts but you have to be careful not to overcook it. It tends to get dry kasi when overcooked.
- To get crispy chicken, the oil should be hot at all times.
- Fry the chicken in batches to avoid crowding the pot and to get even cooking.
- When thickening the sauce, make a cornstarch-water slurry so it dissolves easily. If the sauce seems too thick, you can whisk in a tablespoon or two of water. If it’s too thin, let it bubble for an extra minute (or two) to thicken.
Thank you so much or dropping by today! You’re one of the reasons that keeps me thinking positive!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- oil for frying
for the batter
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
for the sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch knob ginger, grated
- juice of 2 1/2 oranges
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water (cornstarch slurry)
- sesame seeds
- chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Add the egg, oil and water, whisking until smooth.
- Add the chicken cubes to the mixture, making sure the chicken gets thoroughly coated.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a pot or wok. Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Add the chicken cubes in batches of about 10-15 pieces, shaking off excess batter if needed. Deep fry for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Cook the Orange Sauce: Heat oil in a sauce pan and saute garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the brown sugar, orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Bring to a low boil. Add the sesame oil.
- Stir in the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Simmer until it becomes syrupy.
- Add the fried chicken and toss until the sauce coats it thoroughly.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and /or green onions.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!
Thanks for this recipe momsh.. Look super yummy and delicious.. Sarap sarap naman po niyan momsh..
Wow may bago na naman akong chicken recipe na maitatry thanks for this po!
Wow,so sarap naman ..ma try nga tu. tmx sa mga recipes mom..tinatake down notes ko incase makapagluto ako..more.recipes mam..
Fave ko to sa isang fast food chain kaya pag aaralan ko to momsh. Thanks for sharing this recipe momsh
Mapaparami ka na naman ng rice kapag ganyan kasarap ang ulam ?
sarap naman nito Mommy Peach will try this po pag na kapag grocery ako ? salamat po sa recipe
Thank yiu for sharing this recipe. It sounds easy to make and the result is fantastic. I will definitely try it.
Tingin palang ulam na. saraap saraap? ? Gusto ko din matutunan otO Mommy?
I’m HEALTHY and ALIVE. Ang sarap ng Orange Chicken, na-miss ko tuloy ang Chowking.
Ay sarap sarap naman ng recipe na ito..????
Amg sarap naman nyan! Naalala ko ung orange chicken ng chowking nakakamiss yun try ko nga din magluto mg ganyan.
Masarap na ulam healthy pa! ☺
Thanks for sharing this recipe, sarap nmn matry nga
My s9n and i loves chicken new recipe try ko ko to momsh thanks
Nakakamiss to Mommy peach , sa resto Lang ako nakakakain nito, pwedy pala Ito gawin dito sa bahay ..thanks for sharing your recipe mommy peach…❤️
Fb:@scarlet Reyes Atheena
That looks absolutely delicious and doesn’t seem like it would be too difficult to make
Yum. that looks delicious. Now that I’m stuck at home most of the time, I’m looking for new and different recipes.
Perfect..it is an amazing combination..looks so delicious and tasty..i will love to try this..Thanks for sharing the recipe..and ya that lemon over this makes it look more yummy…
Great tips! This is one meal that I know that my husband LOVES but I’ve never tried to make at home. However, with that recipe, it looks like it’s not that hard at all! I could even use a meat substitute for me and make something similar that’s vegetarian friendly… I’m going to have to give this a try!
This recipe sounds extremely easy for a somewhat hard meal. Thank you for sharing your tips and tricks
Wow this looks great! Recipe doesnt look too difficult either, will definitely be trying this one
Looks delicious! I always search for chicken recipes and this one is must try thank you!
Thank you more sa mga tips! For sure next time na lutuin ko Ito. Mapeperfect ko na po
Para Sarap hetsura palang nakakatakam na Orange feels like Redreahing???
It’s times like this when I wish I wasn’t a vegetarian because that looks so good! I used to have lemon and chicken, but never orange!
Wow, it looks really delicious! I would love to try out your recipe!
I have all the ingredients in the recipe. I will make one out of this, thanks!
Sarap sarap naman nito mommy. Para iwas umay. Salamat palagi sa mga recipes mo na ang sasarap. Walang kapares. Hindi ko man maluto ngayon baka sa susunod may pagkakataon.
Orange chicken po yummy naman po yan… try ko din po yan mommy ?❤️
Haven’t try this but would love too ?
I’ll start on practising cooking this one para pag uwi ni hubby perfect na Ang lasa kase minsan na Sya ngrequest neto noon Kaso lang Waley ako alam.hehe tnx for this mommy.
Thanks sa recipes mamsh. Ma try nga din eto kakaibang dish at mukhang bagong paborito.
Try ko din po ito gawin for sure magugustuhan ng mga kids ko
A must try recipe. Curious ako sa lasa di ko pa natry ang orange chicken ?
What type of knife you use in your kitchen?