Yesterday, I’ve read that there have been many people calling the hotline needing help with depression because of this pandemic. Everybody’s confined at home at there’s this uncertainty hanging in the air. There’s only so much we could do to ease the tension in our homes.
In our home, I bond with my kids more than usual. And of course, as much as possible, I serve them meals that are not only nutritious but meals that excite them like this Pork Ribs Caldereta. I always cook Beef Caldereta, so cooking this using another kind of meat other than beef, somehow makes this different than their usual.
What’s nice about this is that this is more budget-friendly dahil mas mura ang pork ribs sa beef, diba?
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
What I discovered about my preference for Caldereta is that I like mine with coconut milk (gata) because it makes it richer, creamier, and more delicious. I can actually do without the cheese as long as there’s coconut milk in it. This Pork Ribs Caldereta version doesn’t have it though because I’m trying to appreciate it without.
Next time, I’ll try cooking Chicken Caldereta naman….
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 pcs potatoes, cut into pieces.
- 1 large carrot, cut into pieces
- 800g pork ribs
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can liver spread
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a pot. Fry potatoes and carrots until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onions and garlic until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the pork ribs and saute until a bit brown.
- Pour in the water and tomato sauce.
- Add the bay leaves and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until pork ribs is tender. Around 30 minutes. Add water if needed.
- Add the fish sauce, liver spread. cooked potatoes and carrots. Simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and mix well.
- Add the cheese cubes and cook for an additional 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with steamed rice.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!