Di lahat ng tao may toyo… ganon din sa adobo. Char! This is another adobo dish that’s not a regular on the meal rotation because lemongrass or tanglad is not readily available at home. Unlike when you crave for regular adobo — soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, and peppercorns are all pantry staples.
I just thought it would be nice to introduce this adobo to Twinkle who’s welcoming new dishes to her tastebuds at this time. She’s not a picky eater anymore and has become a lot more adventurous when it comes to food. She now eats whatever is on the table whether it’s meat or vegetables.
Chicken Adobo sa Puti with Lemongrass, even though pale, is bursting with a lot of citrusy flavor coming from the lemongrass. I add a bit of sugar because I like it to be a little sweet. You may choose not to add it or to use alternative sweetener if you can’t eat sugar.
Nagluluto rin ba kayo nitong Chicken Adobo sa Puti with Lemongrass, mga mars?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 3 chicken leg quarters, cut into 3
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cloves smashed
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 1½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- patis or fish sauce to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and cook garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces, skin side down,bay leaf, lemongrass and peppercorns.
- Pour in ½ cup of water and the vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the mixture is almost dry.
- In the rendered fat, fry the chicken until lightly browned.
- Add the rest of the water, sugar and fish sauce. Mix well and simmer until the chicken is cooked (about 15 more minutes) and the sauce thickens.
- Serve with steamed rice.