Ever since I began my health journey, I’ve been tremendously enjoying light dinners. Dinner is usually composed of salads or steamed veggies and/or soups. I love these low-carb, light meals because it doesn’t make me feel too full and I sleep well.
These dinners are enjoyed while I watch my current favorite telenovela on primetime: Wildflower. Yes, the one starring Maja Salvador as Ivy Aguas/Lily Cruz. Yes, fan po ako ng Wildflower.
Ang sarap kaya kumain ng Turkey Burger Bowl habang nanonood ng Wildflower at galit na galit ka kay Emilia Ardiente….. LOL!
Kidding aside, I am so glad I found these ready-made turkey burgers from Landers. and at a pretty affordable price too. I’m thinking it’s a great alternative to red meat since I am too
lazy busy to make my own lean chicken burger.
The first time I ate this, I pan-fried it and put it on top of fresh spinach and ate it like that. It was too bland for my taste! Earthy spinach and lean turkey doesn’t go too well together but I ate it anyway.
This time around, I don’t want to sacrifice taste just because I want to eat something healthy. And so this Turkey Burger Bowl happened. It is filled with different kinds of taste, texture and flavor. I grilled the sliced red onion together with the turkey burger to tame it’s flavor. If it’s too much for you or you can’t stand its taste, I recommend you use white onions instead. But don’t set it aside because it really gives this bowl a layer of flavor.
Sriracha Mayo is one of my favorite sauces and it doubles up as a dressing in this bowl. I love that it gives it a zing you won’t get on any other sauce. The avocado gives this body and creaminess and makes each mouthful delicious!
Oh I don’t think I’ll get enough of it!
I’ll try making my own lean chicken or turkey burger next time…
- 2 ready-made turkey burgers
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped or cut into large pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- black sesame seeds
- 6 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Make the Sriracha Mayo Dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl and mixing it well. Set aside.
- Heat your grill pan and spray it with cooking spray.
- Grill your turkey burgers and red onion slices until cooked.
- In a large bowl or plate, layer the romaine lettuce, sliced tomato, grilled red onions, grilled turkey burger and avocado.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds on the avocado and drizzle your bowl with Sriracha Mayo Dressing.
- Enjoy a healthy dinner!
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!