The festivities and the indulgence of the holiday season left me craving for healthy, non-greasy but oh-so-delicious comfort food. Add the fact that I already listed my Goals for 2023 and it included living healthy to better control my LPRD. So first thing on my list of “must-eats” is this Paksiw na Bangus Belly. Yes, boneless bangus belly dahil ayoko ng matinik…hihihi.
Of course, mas masarap kainin to kung ang ka-partner ay Sinangag (Garlic Rice), diba?
BTW, I got my wooden bowls here: https://tinyurl.com/WoodenBowlss
WATCH THE PAKSIW NA BANGUS BELLY VIDEO RECIPE HERE:
I used to cook paksiw by just poaching the fish in seasoned vinegar and water together with ampalaya and eggplant. But I discovered recently that it becomes more flavorful if you sauté the garlic and ginger first AND you season the fish.
How do you cook your Paksiw?
Paksiw na Bangus Belly
- 1kg boneless bangus belly, cut into pieces
- patis and sili for dipping
- Season boneless bangus belly with seasoning granules. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and ginger in oil. Add bangus, vinegar, peppercorn, ampalaya, and finger chili. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with garlic rice and patis with sili dipping sauce.