Yea.. I know I said I’d be baking this year.
and then I said, I need to lose weight and I had to limit my carbs intake so my baking needs to take a rain check.
Well, if you’ve seen my last posts, you probably know by now that it did not work for me—- that limit-my-carb-intake thing.
Today, my lunch was composed of a couple cups of rice and this delicious spicy dish.
Now, my thoughts are filled with dessert. Specifically, cold chocolate chip cookie doughs dipped in chocolate…mmmmmmm….
I promise I’ll be making them soon…and then hopefully I’m gonna start baking..
Gising-gising literally means “wake-up“. I guess this dish will wake you up either because it’s really delicious or it will wake you up because it’s really spicy.
- 500g green beans, chopped into small pieces
- 200g ground pork
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste
- 3 cups coconut milk
- salt or fish sauce to taste
- 1-2 pcs bird’s eye chili
- pinch of sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a wok, sauté garlic in heated oil for a few seconds.
- Add ground pork and coconut milk. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Stir in shrimp paste, salt or fish sauce, pinch of sugar and bird’s eye chili.
- Bring to a boil, simmer some more to reduce sauce until thick.
- Add green beans and mix well until green beans is cooked but still a little bit crunchy.
- Turn off heat and serve with rice.