This is what happens when…
you want to serve steak but you don’t want to go serve big slabs of beef because everyone would probably just want to eat a little bit of everything else….
you just bought some nice iron skewers and you wonder what you could possibly put into them…
you want something beef-y on Christmas eve…
This is what happens when you ask your sister “What else could I make for our Noche Buena?”
And she says “I want steak..”
This is what happens when you transform your steak into finger food…
And when you put Christmas into your steak…ERR– Or your steak into Christmas…
Whatever! As long as there’s really good gravy to dip that steak into…
- 600g of beef sirloin, sliced and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried or 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef stock or 1 beef cubes & 3 cups water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Combine first four ingredients and marinate for at least four hours.
- Skewer one cherry tomato into the metal skewers before the beef and put in a baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven at 375ºF for 10- minutes or until your desired doneness.
- Make gravy by heating butter and garlic in a pan.
- Let garlic infuse butter with flavor. add beefcubes and crush until it dissolves in the butter.
- Make roux, by adding flour and continue stirring until roux is golden brown in color.
- Pour in water or beef stock and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in soy sauce and simmer for 30 seconds. Add more water if it becomes too thick
710 total views, 2 views today