Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Slaw brings the beach vibe at home , perfect for Summer dinners.
It is sizzling hot these days! If I could have my way, you’d find me at the beach sipping some Pineapple Smoothie or a virgin Piñacolada. But, as you all know, I am very much pregnant and as much as possible I try to avoid too much traveling. All I can do is bring the beach vibe to me here at home.
If there’s one food I can think of that reminds me of Summer and the beach — it will always be pineapples. Pineapples add a refreshing layer of flavor to food and as a drink, it takes away the heat and cools you down.
I thought of making Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Slaw because it’s something that won’t keep you in the kitchen for long. With the high temperature each day, who would want to slave in the kitchen? We all want something you can leave in the oven and cook by itself with minimal supervision.
Plus it has pineapples! Thanks to Dole Philippines for sending over lots of Dole products last week, I have all the pineapples I want to satisfy my cravings plus more to experiment with♥!
I used Dole 100% Pineapple Juice in making my Hawaiian Pulled Pork. What I love about Dole Pineapple Juice is that it has no sugar added, you get 100% natural fruit that is rich in Vitamin C. It keeps the meat juicy too!
For the Pineapple Slaw, I used Dole Pineapple Tidbits which has just the right size for this refreshing side dish. It’s not too sweet because it is canned with extra light syrup so I get that sweet-sour pineapple taste!
Look at how juicy my Hawaiian Pulled Pork turned out! Aloha!
This recipe is great for Summer dinners, movie nights, or just when you’re hanging out with a group of friends.
- 2 pieces pork tenderloin (about 600g)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- a knob of ginger, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 240ml can of DOLE 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 432g can of DOLE Pineapple Tidbits. drained
- 2½ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped finely
- ½ cup kewpie mayo (or more if you prefer creamier slaw)
- pinch of salt and sugar
- red bell pepper
- whole wheat tortilla
- lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, garlic,brown sugar, tomato ketchup,soy sauce,cumin and pineapple juice. MIx well and set aside.
- Place pork tenderloin in a baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub with salt and pepper. Poke with fork to make sure the flavor of the marinade will penetrate the meat.
- Pour in marinade.
- Cover pan with foil and roast in the oven at 160ºC for 3 hours.
- While waiting for it to roast make your Pineapple Slaw and Roasted Red Bell Pepper.
- Just drizzle red bell pepper with olive oil and roast in a separate pan in the oven or you can also roast it via the stove top. Slice thinly.
- To make the Pineapple Slaw, just combine everything together in a large bowl and mix well. Chill until needed.
- After 3 hours, take your tenderloin out of the oven.
- Pull meat apart with fork, then combine with the sauce which has thickened by now.
- Warm Tortillas over a non-stick skillet. Top with a Hawaiian Pulled Pork, a couple of roasted bell pepper, and a spoonful of Pineapple Slaw.
- Serve with cold pineapple juice.