Before anything else, can I just say I missed you?
36 hours of not being able to log in and not being able to say even a simple Hi to you is no joke.
But I just had to make some necessary changes and now that the dining area of The Peach Kitchen is expanded, it could accommodate even if you bring your friend’s friends over at my doorstep everyday.
Anyway, what I’m sharing with you today is something that is healthy, light and is perfect for potlucks or an afternoon tete-a-tete with a friend.
You might not have glanced at the canned white beans at your local grocery store Or you just might haven’t met canned white beans in your life….
I think now is the time for you to meet her…and once you do, I think you’ll spend your time thinking of what else you can do with white beans.
I like my beans.
I have a favorite Kidney Bean Salad.
I think it’s time you get to know them too..
..and you can start with this White Bean Dip.
- 1 can White Beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup quick melting cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 sage leaves or ¼ tsp ground sage
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small pan.
- Sauté garlic until it becomes soft. Don't let it turn brown.
- Don't drain white beans, add even the liquid it came with.
- Give it a little stir and then taste if it's salty enough for you.
- Season with salt, ground sage and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer to a food processor, add the vinegar and process until smooth OR just mash it in that same pan. The beans are very soft and you can really mash it until smooth but the garlic will be a little lumpy.
- Add water if it's too thick for you.
- Pour into a oven-safe pan or ramekin
- Fold in ¾ of the cheese and then put the remaining ¼ on top.
- Bake in the oven at250°C until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with Spanish Paprika Toasts.
And for the……
- Baguette/French Bread, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Spanish Paprika
- Line each toast in a baking pan.
- Brush each slice of toast with butter
- Sprinkle with spanish paprika
- Toast in the oven for 5-8 minutes .