I just had a serious t-bone steak tonight and even if it’s already few days after Christmas, I still find myself craving for a cup of hot chocolate. Of course, the Christmas Season deserves nothing less than hot cocoa with marshmallows…
And if we dress up during Christmas eve dinner, we also like dressing up our hot cocoa and marshmallows…
Children and children at heart will both love this Hot Cocoa Candy Cane Stir Sticks!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 candy canes
- candy pieces or sprinkles
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
- Dip the straight end of the candy cane into the melted chocolate.
- Then take a marshmallow and skewer it with a candy cane until it is securely stuck to the end of the candy cane. Repeat until all 12 of your marshmallows are skewered.
- Holding the candy cane, dip half of the marshmallow in the melted chocolate. Take it out of the chocolate and let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- While the chocolate is still wet, roll the marshmallow in sprinkles or christmas-shaped candies.
- Set it marshmallow-side down on a baking sheet covered in foil or waxed paper to harden.
- Repeat until all of the marshmallows have been dipped in chooclate and rolled in candy.
- Let it set at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- They can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks, but depending on your humidity, the candy canes may start to get sticky within a few days.