It’s the season of indulgence. Something has to be wrapped in bacon on Christmas eve.
It was Kielbasa’s turn to be comfortably wrapped in the fatty blanket of love and this easily became my favorite in our Snowman-Themed table that night.
At the beginning of December, I was starting to think that Summer was getting a headstart for next year. It was unlikely hot! We’ve been turning on the a/c at night longer than usual. But lately, I’ve been waking up feeling cold and thinking I left the a/c on. Then I find out that it’s been off the whole time…It is getting cold!.. and it’s about time too, don’t you think so?
Now, if only I can find a strip of bacon big enough to wrap around myself during these cold mornings like these Bacon-Wrapped Kielbasa slices….. I think I’ll be warm and cozy.
Kielbasa is a type of European sausage but you can buy a local version of it in the supermarkets. Serving them like this turns your usual snack into an elegant Hors d’oeuvre or finger food.
- 2 Kielbasa, sliced around ¼ inch thick
- bacon strips
For the PIneapple Glaze
- ¼ cup Pineapple marmalade
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- Make the Pineapple Glaze by mixing the pineapple marmalade and pineapple juice into a small saucepan. Just bring it to a boil and it will thicken.
- Wrap each slice of Kielbasa in half a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick.
- Put the bacon-wrapped kielbasas on a baking tray and roast in the oven at 250ºC for a few minutes.
- Brush with the glaze and continue roasting until bacon turns brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.