Today’s CornSiLog breakfast is brought to you by Highlands GOLD Corned Beef…. LOL! No, seriously. Friends from Highlands Corned Beef sent over a few cans of their new Highlands Gold Corned Beef yesterday. And I couldn’t think of a better way to try it than by cooking it into one of our favorite breakfast : CornSiLog (CORNed Beef, SInangag, and itLOG).
I told you you’d be seeing more SiLogs meals here than before because it’s easy to prepare and heavy in the tummy — perfect for my darling husband and daughter. (Check out: LongSiLog, SpamSiLog, HotSiLog)
I’ve tried Highlands Corned Beef when it first came out in the market. It’s beefy and flavorful and made with Angus Beef.
Yesterday, I just found out they released a new product called Highlands Gold Corned Beef. I think this is more of a high end Highlands Corned Beef, hence the “Gold” in the label. I must say it did not disappoint. It could be compared to my current favorite brand right now which is Palm Corned Beef. It is beefy, succulent, and has longer strands than the red Highlands Corned Beef. I like my corned beef with long strands so I can see how meaty it is.
Highlands Gold Corned Beef is definitely a premium breed of corned beef. If you don’t believe me, try it out for yourself. I’m sure you’ll taste the difference.
- 1 large potato, diced
- 3 tbsp of oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 can Highlands Gold Corned Beef
- ¼ cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
3 sunny side up egg
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and fry potatoes until brown on the edges.Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lessen the oil in the pan to 1 tbsp. and then sauté garlic and onions until it becomes translucent.
- Add Highlands Gold Corned Beef and stir. Add fried potatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Turn off heat and set aside while you cook the garlic rice.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Add rice and mix well. Continue stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle with fish sauce and continue mixing for 30 seconds.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve Garlic Rice with Corned Beef and sunny side up egg.