Hello Friends! Happy Tuesday ( whew! that means monday is over). I hope you find yourself with a cup of good coffee in hand and a nice comfy chair to sit in. I also hope you had a great Valentine’s Day!
I hope you got lots of flowers and chocolates last weekend. And had a romantic evening to boot! As for me, I had a nice Valentine’s breakfast with my loves and then a series of un-romantic movies followed plus a lot of learning packages for the little one to study and answer.
Sunday was plant shopping with mother. It was a busy weekend…. followed by a busier monday.
I think I scheduled too much to do’s for this week so good luck to me.
Anyway, I was able to score a short nap time just before lunch. A short nap time equals zen for me for the whole day. So I think I’m good.
Plus there’s leftover smell of Apples and Cinnamon from yesterday’s baking so the house smells fantastic. The smell of good food = aromatheraphy.
I have a fragrant and perfectly spiced loaf of bread for you today called Apple Cinnamon Bread. Guaranteed to satisfy your apple-cinnamon cravings and leave your house smelling good.
This is just the thing to make just in case anyone of you finds a two week old Apple in your refrigerator or too much apple in your fruit basket.
It’s very creamy, soft, and a little dense. It’s also crumbly and toasted on top because of finely chopped apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar that has caramelized, making it the perfect pair with that good coffee of yours. It’s a quick bread — almost a one bowl recipe.
I missed you. Thanks for dropping by today.
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsps baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cup finely chopped peeled apples
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (176 ºC).
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine white sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder, then milk.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cover with half of the apples.
- Pat apples into batter with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with half of sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Pat topping into the batter with the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Serve warm.