Shrimp Scampi is a perfect weeknight meal you can make in under 30 minutes but elegant enough for company! It is rich with the flavors of shrimp, garlic, and butter.
In four days, I managed to empty the big plastic jar that contains the Dates and Almond Granola I made last friday. I’m trying to limit my intake of sweets and while I was trying to avoid cookies and biscuits and chocolates — I was perpetually craving for something I could munch on. I was telling myself it was healthy… next thing I knew, I was holding an empty tub. Oh well.
I think this is partially related to my adjustment period over peanutbutter♥ going back to a nightly work schedule. I am so used to him being around me the whole day and helping around the house. Now that he’s working, I miss sleeping beside him at night and I absolutely miss him helping me with the household chores.
During weekdays, Ykaie sleeps beside me. This gives us plenty of mother-daughter bonding and heart to heart talks before going to bed. She sleeps back to her room during weekends when it’s her daddy’s day off.
Anyway, one of the things I love doing years back was prepare peanutbutter♥‘s lunch baon at work. I actually have a category in this blog way back in 2009 called peanutbutter♥’s lunch. Something I came up with because I wanted to document what I lovingly prepare for him. Like this Bagoong Rice, Alaminos LongSiLog, and the ugliest bento I’ve ever seen..LOL!
These days, he said he didn’t want heavy lunches to bring at work, so what I do is prepare sandwiches for him instead. Yesterday, I made Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti for early dinner and that’s also what he brought for lunch at work. He loved it! I’m thinking I should bring back the peanutbutter♥‘s lunch portion here in my blog.
I’m also inspired to make more healthy, delicious, easy-to-make/30 minute meals like this Shrimp Scampi.
I’m sure you’ll love this recipe. It has all the flavors of Summer and it won’t make you stay long in the kitchen.
- 450g Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 300g spaghetti
- 5 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- the juice of two lemons
- zest of one lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped parsley
- Boil a large pot of salty water for spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While water is boiling/spaghetti is cooking, heat up butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until butter and oil mixture is infused with the flavors of garlic.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook on both sides until pink about 2-3 minutes
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and keep it warm
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and bring to boil.
- Return shrimp to skillet. You can add pasta water if you want to create more sauce.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, and sprinkle chopped parsley.
- Stir everything together and season with salt to taste.
- You can add red pepper flakes to make it a bit spicy.
- Serve with a lemon wedge as garnish