USPB Frozen Potato Wedges smothered in rich cheddar cheese sauce, generously topped with crispy smoked bacon, and sprinkled with fresh spring onions…
If you have a kid and kids-at-hearts at home, I’m sure french fries would be a staple in your household. At home, we eat french fries as much as we breathe oxygen. Ykaie loves hashbrowns for breakfast and merienda. Even in my first trimester, I was surprised that part of my cravings were curly fries!
We don’t say no to potato, after all it is an excellent source of potassium, it’s rich in Vitamin C, and a good source of fiber as well.
To make sure that our cravings are always satisfied, our grocery list always include US Frozen Potatoes. US Frozen Potatoes has been in the market for quite a long time now. What’s nice about it is that you can buy it packed (in bulk) and you can also buy it in retail or takal-takal (loose servings) , say half a kilo of chips, 3 pieces of hashbrowns, 400g of straight cut fries… you get the picture. That’s how we buy our US Frozen Potato stocks at home just because we simply love the different shapes of these frozen potatoes. That makes it more affordable too!
I think the affordability and the variety of cuts and shapes is what makes it a favorite among restaurants and dining establishments around the metro. Yes! they use US Frozen Potatoes in some of the food items on their menu.
Last week, we were able to try out the potato items (and a few more others) from Buffalo Wild Wings in Estancia Mall. (Full feature here) Potatoes and Wings go so well together.
We loved the French Fries dusted with their signature Salt and Vinegar seasoning but what we loved even more was the Potato Wedges with Cheese which we ordered topped with crispy crumbled bacon. It was lightly seasoned, drizzled with cheese sauce and showered with crumbled bacon on top. It was something I simply had to re-create at home! Well, we live in Caloocan and we couldn’t possibly go to Pasig whenever the cravings kick in just to have these delicious wedges.
This is so delicious! Ykaie and I had actually had it for morning snack yesterday. I believe we’ll be having this for many more mornings to come. Check out the super kadooper easy recipe below!
- 400g USPB Frozen Potato Wedges
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 8 pcs bacon, fried to a crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup cheez whiz
- To make the cheddar cheese sauce, combine ¼ cup of milk and flour in a sauce pan and stir with a whisk. Add the remaining ¾ cup of milk. Bring to a boil with continuous stirring and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stir until cheese is melted then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you don't have cheddar cheese, you can also use milk and cheez whiz. Just combine and bring to a boil with continuous stirring.
- Set aside your cheese sauce and fry the USPB Frozen Potato Wedges until brown, layer in a plate or a shallow bowl.
- Drizzle with cheddar cheese sauce, top generously with crumbled bacon and spring onions.
- Serve hot!
If you’re wondering where you can buy US Frozen Potatoes, then here’s a list of supermarkets where it’s available. I’ll be sharing another recipe, hopefully this week, just because we can’t get enough of these babies!