Coco Mama Fresh Gata sent over a few packs of their Fresh Gata ( Coconut Milk) a couple of weeks ago along with a recipe for Creamy Monggo Guisado — that’s our usual friday menu of Ginisang Munggo with an added gata for a creamy new twist.
We love Monggo Guisado here at The Peach Kitchen and we haven’t tried it with gata yet… so why not try it, diba? What I did was our normal way of cooking. I just used Malunggay leaves instead of my favorite Ampalaya leaves. Then I added gata towards the end of cooking. Easy lang diba?
I think you mommies and daddies would love it as well. It’s also a nice Lent recipe that would go well with fried fish.
Kayo, meron ba kayong ibang luto sa Ginisang Munggo? o masarap na ka-partner kaya? Share nyo naman at ng masubukan ko rin.
OTHER MONGGO RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Monggo Guisado with Gata
- 300g green mung beans (monggo);
- boiled in 6 cups water
- 1 cup flaked smoked fish (tinapa)
- 1 pork cube ( I used Knorr pork cube)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or
- Salt to taste
- 1 small pack Coco Mama Fresh Gata
- In a pot, sauté garlic, onion and tomato in oil until onion becomes translucent.
- Add tinapa flakes and sauté for a minute.
- Pour in boiled beans including soup. Add in pork cube.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add more water if it becomes too thick.
- Season with fish sauce or salt. Pour in the Coco Mama Fresh Gata.
- Add malunggay leaves and simmer for another 10 seconds more minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and fried fish.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!