Chimichurri sauce is a fabulous garlicky green sauce that is amazing to any grilled meat, chicken, or fish!
One of the many sauces that I love is Chimichurri Sauce. It’s has an amazing flavor which is just so so good with steak, chicken, or fish! I shy away from making it at home because I don’t have a food processor and I don’t wanna chop chop away. peanutbutter♥ and my sis loves it too so I know that I have to make a lot of it, if I’m going to make it.
But my craving got the better of me, so using the miller of my blender, I tried making Chimichurri Sauce at home. Well, achieve naman in terms of taste but I wanted it roughly chopped versus it being finely chopped. The olive oil and vinegar got a bit emulsified too. So it was too saucy….
Hmmnn… I think this gives me an excuse to buy a food processor…heehee.
Meanwhile, this goes with our T-Bone Steak for lunch..Print
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, tightly packed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- Put all the ingredients except the olive oil in your food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
- Slowly pour in Olive oil while pulsing a few times.
- Remove and transfer into a container.
- Use this on steak, chicken, or fish.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #thepeachkitchen. I’d love to see what you cook!