And it because it’s raining!! I think it’s just right to have a piping hot bowl of Sinigang na Grilled Liempo on the table today!
So I’m sharing with you another Sinigang recipe that is a sure hit with the whole family. It’s like hitting two birds in one stone with this two favorites ina single recipe.
Sinigang na Grilled Liempo combines the smoky flavor of your grilled meat and the savory sourness of the classic sinigang. Yum!
Here’s the recipe I’ve learned at the #LutongNanay event last July 4, 2016.
- 2 L rice washing
- 3 pc onions, quartered
- 4 pcs tomatoes, quartered
- 2 pc gabi, peeled and quartered
- 1 kg grilled liempo, cut into serving pieces
- 2 pc sili pansigang
- 1 pc radish, peeled and sliced
- 4 pc okra, sliced
- 2 (20g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- ½ bundle sitaw, sliced
- ½ bundle kangkong, sliced
- Boil rice washing, onions, tomatoes and gabi. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until gabi is tender.
- Add grilled liempo, sili pansigang, radish and okra.Continue to simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add Knorr Sinigang Mix. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add sitaw and kangkong. Let cook for 1 minute. Serve.
♥If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!