These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are moist, flavorful, and most of all has less sugar than usual!
Have you noticed the topsy-turvy weather we are having these days? Nobody would be be able to tell if it’s gonna rain or not. And even if it rains, it doesn’t cool down the temperature. It’s like Summer never left and the rainy day never came.
Thinking about Summer (–and feeling it!) inspired me to bake a dessert that would stir up refreshments and a #ForeverSummer vibe. Cupcakes that would remind us of our favorite drink — Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!
And just like these Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookies, these Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes were also made using Sugar Blend.
As you all know, we are trying to really cut back on sugar. This family has a sweet tooth so skipping desserts and snack will just backfire and make us crave more. So instead of avoiding sweets, sugar, and dessert, we started using a healthy alternative which is Sugar Blend.
Sugar Blend is a versatile and affordable sweetener product made with a blend of sugar and sucralose. It works well with all types of desserts and everyday dishes that needs a little sweetness. We even use it for our coffee!
Sugar Blend makes it possible for us to cut our sugar consumption in half as 1 teaspoon of Sugar Blend (16kcal) is equals to 2 teaspoons of sugar (32kcal). It surely won’t put a dent in your pocket as one pack that can sweeten up to 100 cups of coffee only costs ₱89.00. It’s really #SweetAllYouCan with Sugar Blend.
peanutbutter♥ paired this Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes with his coffee this afternoon and loved it. He said it’s not too sweet and it’s just like regular cupcakes…
I couldn’t agree more, it’s the perfect cupcake for your cup of joe and it’s also the perfect school baon for your kids!
Get to know more about Sugar Blend, follow Equal Philippines Facebook Page.
♥If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 6 tbsp Sugar Blend
- 6 tbsp greek yogurt
- ½ cup strawberry puree
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 drop pink food color
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Sugar Blend
- 1 drop yellow food color
- lemon slices
- strawberry slices
- Line a cupcake pan with baking cups and preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- To make the strawberry puree: Put ¾ cup hulled fresh strawberries in a blender or food processor. pulse until pureed.
- Using a mixer, combine softened butter, Sugar Blend, and greek yogurt. Beat until creamy.
- Add your egg and egg whites. Pour in the strawberry puree.
- When thoroughly combined, add flour, salt and baking powder.
- Turn the mixer off and fill in your cupcake liners with your cupcake batter about 60% through.
- Bake for 15 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Combine softened butter, cream cheese, and lemon extract in a bowl and mix until thick and creamy. Add powdered sugar and sugar blend one cup at a time.
- Scoop the frosting into a piping bag. Cut the tip off and swirl it on top of your cupcake.
- Garnish with a lemon and strawberry slice