Yummy Apple Pie Filling on top of creamy cheesecake, what a wonderful dessert of the week this Apple Pie Cheesecake is!
This is my hell week and I deserve creamy delicious Apple Pie Cheesecake. A decadent dessert (and snack) to make up for the exhaustion, less sleep, and mind on overdrive. I was swamped with work, deadlines, mommy things, and household duties. I was finally done with most of them and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Yesterday, I picked up Lani from the bus station. Yaay! Lani is my new househelp.. Weeee!! I’ll finally be able to breathe. Of course, I still have to train her and orient her on what to do here at home but that’s another story. There’ll be more adjustment in the following weeks, I’m sure. peanutbutter♥ will be changing schedule again, then there are more school activities for Ykaie until December.
I’m looking forward to putting up the Christmas decorations before the week ends.
Meanwhile, I sent out slices of this to my relative neighbors and they are requesting I make this for Christmas. How’s that for proof that this is yummmm? I mean, how can it not — there’s this buttery crust, creamy cheesecake, and apple pie topping that hugs you like fall. Think creamy, cinnamon-y, tart, and sweet!
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 300ml can of condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Recipe here
- Preheat the oven to 350 º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Use a fork to mix everything together and then pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack. Do not turn off the oven.
- Meanwhile, using a stand or electric mixer, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth.
- Then add in eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon extract.
- Continue to beat until creamy and combined.
- Pour filling over the crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place a pan under the baking rack. Pour hot water into the pan. This will prevent the cheesecake from being dry and cracking during baking.
- Return pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until filling is set but still shaky in the center.
- Cool into room temperature for an hour then refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Meanwhile, while cheesecake is cooling, make the Apple Pie Topping
- Cool the Apple Pie Topping into room temperature and top over cheesecake
- Serve chilled.