Easy to make Pork Burger Steak using flavorful pork patties, smothered in rich, buttery mushroom gravy..
Even though I don’t eat a lot of red meat these days , I make sure the loves of my life are not deprived of their favorites. Our recent back-to-school grocery shopping at Shopwise Hypermarket Harrison Plaza branch led me not only to Buy 1 Kg Take 500g of our favorite BBQ Chicken Drumstick but also to Pork Burgers in the same promo (oh, you know I love Shopwise because of their everyday sale and discounts!)
One and a half kilos of pork burger patties are a lot! and by a lot, I mean I could really make a lot of dishes with it aside from grilling and sticking it between buns.
I decided to try and make Pork Burger Steaks out of it the other day. We make Burger Steaks quite often here at home but we use ground beef. This is one of go-to viands when life becomes busy because it’s so easy to prepare. It’s good with rice too because of the rich, buttery mushroom gravy that comes with it.
I thawed the frozen burgers and fried them until they become brown, plump, juicy, and cute. Then made the Mushroom Gravy using the recipe below.
We switched to brown rice since the start of the year (or was it last year?) so this yummy Pork Burger Steak was paired with it.
I’ll be out swimming with family today until tomorrow. It’ll be our last Summer hurrah… we’ll bid adieu to Summer and say hello to the incoming rainy season.
You might wanna check out what I’ve been eating (or doing) during the trip, here’s my Instagram account. I promise to keep you posted on IG stories for some behind-the-scenes action!
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!Print
Pork Burger Steak
- 6 pieces of prepared pork burgers I bought from Shopwise Hypermarket
- 4 tbsp canola oil for frying
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2–3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms,(I used canned mushroom)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steamed Brown Rice
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and fry the pork burger patties until cooked. Place in a plate and set aside.
- Drain oil from the pan and put the butter in low heat. Add garlic and fry until a bit brown on the edges. Then add the chicken cubes and dissolve.
- Add the flour, mix well until it forms a roux.
- Pour in water and whisk until free of lumps. Then Add the mushroom. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add more water if sauce is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the patties back in the pan with the sauce. I like to cook it a little bit with the sauce for tastier burger patties.
- Serve on top of steamed brown rice.