These Pineapple Glazed Wings has all the tropical flavors of pineapple and spicy zing from the sriracha and pepper flakes… all the things you want in your Summer,Yes?.
And we are counting the days until our first Summer trip… Yes, malapit na! It’s gonna be on tuesday and the kids are all excited. They are shopping for baon for the trip and fitting swimsuits.
While I, well, I’m still not done ticking off my Pineapple-themed food for the trip. I’m trying to come up with a “hotwings” recipe that has pineapple and this is what I came up with — Pineapple Glazed Wings.
I combined pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, pepper flakes, ground ginger and minced garlic to make the sauce and then thicken it with cornstarch slurry. It tastes like pineapple and sriracha but the taste of ginger and garlic is also a little bit dominant. While the family is pleased with the result, I’m not. I’m not sure why but maybe because I want that pineapple taste to dominate this whole dish.
I’m gonna make another one and then see which one I like best.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
Pineapple Glazed Wings
- 12 pieces wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- canola oil for frying
- lime wedges, pepper flakes, and chopped spring onion for garnish
for the sauce
- 1 can pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1–2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cornstarch Slurry: 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Make the sauce: Put everything in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Thicken with cornstarch slurry by whisking slurry into the sauce a little at a time until you get your desired thickness. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a plate and mix well.
- Dredge the chicken wings with seasoned flour until coated.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan and fry chicken wings until golden brown.
- Coat each chicken wing with pineapple sauce mixture. You can brush it, put into a container and shake —just make sure you coat each one.
- Garnish with pepper flakes and chopped spring onion plus a lime wedge on the side before serving.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!