This Strawberries and Cream Ice Candy is creamy, sweet, refreshing, refreshing, sugar free, and keto friendly…
Since it’s Summer and it’s super kadooper init especially at noon, the husband on keto is asking if we could have ice cream. Of course, we couldn’t because it’s chock full of sugar. I’m still too lazy to make ice cream for him so what I did was make a Keto-Friendly, Sugar Free Strawberries and Cream Ice Candy!
It’s something traditional ’cause we always make ice candy during the summer. (Check out this: Pineapple Ice Candy and Red Beans and Coconut Ice Candy). It’s also one way to give him the dessert his sweet tooth is asking for without letting him get off the Keto train.
He was so happy to be able to eat dessert after lunch. AND he was so happy he could eat something sweet and cold in our sweltering weather…
Oh gosh, I’m crossing my fingers we survive the three months I’m hoping for….
- 500g frozen strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 tbsp erythritol or stevia (I used Swerve)
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Put everything in a blender, (except chia seeds) and blend until smooth.
- When everything is blended, mix in the chia seeds.
- By using a funnel, fill your ice candy bags up to 2 inches off from the opening.
- Twist the plastic bag to prevent it from spilling and then tie in a knot.
- Put in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.
- Enjoy on a very hot day. It tastes just like ice cream!
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!