There is no such things as too much bacon — that I believe! Bacon makes everything flavorful– just like this Filipino-Style Carbonara. It gets the flavor from bacon and bacon fat — and the whole family loves it.
I used spiral pasta this time — no special reason except for it’s what’s available at home. Spaghetti, Linguini, Angel Hair are my favorite pasta shapes — because you can twirl it with a fork. Yes, I love pastas you twirl in forks .. I don’t know why. There’s just something about it. I was thinking maybe because it gets a lot of sauce?? I love love love extra sauce on my pasta. But no, the second pasta shape I love is penne and obviously, you can’t twirl it and it doesn’t get a lot of sauce.
I don’t know — siguro hindi lang nakasanayan? Kayo ba? May favorite ba kayong pasta shapes?
OTHER PASTA RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Bacon Carbonara on Spiral Pasta
- 300g spiral pasta
- 400g Bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 chicken cube + 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Cook the pasta according to package direction.
- Drain and set aside.
- Pan fry bacon in non-stick pan with 1 tbsp cooking oil until brown and lightly toasted. Remove bacon from pan. Set aside.
- Using the same pan and remaining bacon fat, add in butter, garlic, and onions. Cook until onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add all-purpose flour and cook for a minute.
- Pour in stock little by little while mixing continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Bring to a boil then pour in all purpose cream. Mix Well.
- Add half of the cooked bacon.
- Mix well.
- Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Toss in or pour over cooked pasta.
- Top with crumbled bacon and grated cheese before serving.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!