I think it’s been raining on and off everyday for a week now. At para mas feel ang rainy day, I cooked Beef Nilaga and I cooked it using the Instant Pot.
I’ve had my Instant Pot for quite sometime now but it’s just recently that I began using it — I use it when I cook dishes where in I had to use pressure cooking to tenderize the meat — just like with Beef Nilaga. It’s faster and easier to cook. Plus, the Instant Pot is bigger than all of my pots here at home so it’s ideal for big batch cooking too. Mas gusto ko na sya kesa sa stove top pressure cooker!
READ: Instant Pot Apple Cake
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
The usual vegetables I put when I cook Beef Nilaga is corn, squash, cabbage, pechay, saging na saba. Ganon din ba kayo? OR may iba kayong vegetables na nilalagay, like potatoes etc. Next time I want to try putting purple camote for more color.
Hope you’re having a great week, despite the rain. Stay warm, dry and safe, mommies!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Instant Pot Beef Nilaga
- 1 kg beef camto, cut into pieces
- water to cover the beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 corn, cut into pieces
- 1/2 large cabbage, cut into pieces
- 3 bunches of pechay
- 3 saba banana, halved
- 1 beef cube
- patis to taste
- Place the beef camto and water in the Instant Pot and pressure cook on the Meat/Stew button.
- Depressurize the Instant Pot. If necessary, skim any foam and fat from the broth. (I did this after adding the corn and squash.)
- Put the Instant PoT on Saute or SImmer function.
- Add the beef cubes and patis.
- Add the vegetables: onions, corn, squash, cabbage, pechay, and saba banana.
- Cook until vegetables are tender but not over cooked.
- Serve with steamed rice and dipping sauce of patis-calamansi with sili
Sobrang nkakamangha to at nakakatakam ❤️
Bongga itong instant pot beef nilaga recipe mo mommy. Love na love talaga nating humigop ng sabaw kapag tag ulan.
Instant pot beef nilaga bagay na bagay ngyong rainy season. Thanks for sharing this recipe mommy peach.
Sarap talaga humigop ng sabaw lalo na ngaun Tag ulan.. sarap isaw saw sa Maanghang na Patis ?
Di ko na matandaan kelan ako huling naka kain nito ? nakakatakam po mommy ?
Sobrang sarapp humigop Ng mainit n sabaw ngayun Lalu na gantung luto nyu mommy ,mapapa wow knalang sa saraapp at init na mararamdaman mo Lalu nat taglamig ngayun the best ka partner Ang mainit na sabaw ?
Wow super sarap talaga nitong beef nilaga binabalikbalikan ng lahat nag recipe kasi sabaw palang ulalam na
Another yummy ulam recipe ngayong rainy season! Ang sarap nito at marami pang gulay complete meal na talaga .
My lola used to cook Nilaga. Upon trying your recipe, I suddenly remember her.
This is perfect for the cold and rainy season. I also like it when there’s potato in nilaga.
I remember a lot with this recipe, I miss coming home to the Philippines because of pandemic. I miss home-cook meals by my mom. Thanks for sharing this!