Make this Mekeni Christmas Ham Fried Rice for Noche Buena – it’s a flavorful and festive rice dish that’s perfect for your celebration! (Also a great way to use your leftover ham)
Everyone loves fried rice. Do you agree? I think I hear a big fat YES! Kahit simpleng Garlic Fried Rice, we love it, right? How much more if it’s a flavorful, colorful, festive rice such as this Mekeni Christmas Ham Fried Rice.
It’s so easy to cook and almost all the ingredients are available at home. I think it’s a perfect addition to the Noche Buena table because it already looks like Christmas with all the colors that pops out of it.
Should you decide not to cook it for Noche Buena, it’s also one of the dishes you can make with your leftover ham. AND you can add whatever vegetable you have in the fridge. It’s guaranteed to taste delicious because our main ingredient — Mekeni Christmas Ham — is already delectable by itself.
Oh, and just case you want to see, I have a short cooking video of this on Tiktok. Follow me , I’m @peachyadarne (The Peach Kitchen)
Make Mekeni Christmas Ham a part of your Christmas celebration and level up the festivities at home. Their ham are available in Mekeni Home2Home Delivery, Mekeni Food Outlets, wet markets, and other online platforms.
OTHER HAM RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Mekeni Christmas Ham Fried Rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cubed Mekeni Christmas Ham (any variant)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots
- 3/4 cup pineapple, cut into tidbits
- 4–5 cups of rice
- 2–3 tbsp liquid seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the scrambled eggs. Remove from pan and set aside for later.
- Sauté the minced garlic in the same pan. When cooked, add the ham and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, peas, carrots, and pineapple. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and pour in the liquid seasoning. Stir and make sure to mix well to distribute the seasoning among the ingredients.
- Add back the scrambled egg and spring onion. Continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve hot.