Because I want a healthier diet for me and my family, I told them we should have leafy greens included in our daily meals. Not only does it boost the immune system, it’s also good for my hyperacidity or acid reflux disease. And so, after getting to know the dahon ng sayote (sayote tops), dahon ng sitaw (long beans leaves) naman tayo.
Before this, I didn’t even know that dahon ng sitaw is also edible and is used in cooking. And now that I know, this is going to be a staple in our household too.
I don’t have any idea how it’s used in cooking so I just sautéed it and added for pork liver for protein. It turned out really good.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
This is what fresh dahon ng sitaw looks like. It costs ₱10 kada tali. I used 5, so I spent ₱50 for it and ₱38 for the pork liver. O diba budget ulam din to?
You can pair this with fried pork or fried fish para mas masarap ang kainan.
Kumakain ba kayo nito? Anong luto pa ginagawa nyo? Share nyo naman sa comments section so I can also try.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Ginisang Dahon ng Sitaw
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 100g pork liver, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp patis (or more depending on your taste)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 sachet Maggi Magic Sarap (optional)
- 7 cups (5 bunch) Dahon ng sitaw (long beans leaves)
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and fry the liver for about 2-3 minutes or until brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the liver back in the pan and season with patis. Stir.
- Pour the water and mix well. Bring to a boil and add the dahon ng sitaw. Cover the pan for about 5 minutes, until the leaves becomes wilted.
- Season with Maggi Magic Sarap and Mix Well.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
Greener the better,never tasted it ,but I’m looking forward to try it ❤️? healthy and delicious food ?
A healthy recipe best for us. ❤️ The best for the whole family..
Mas maganda talaga sa panahon ngayon na maging healthy tayo. Kaya dapat kumain tayo ng masustansyang pagkain gaya nito.
Kakaiba yata yan. I didn’t know pwede sya ulam. I will try this. Thank you.