First time ko magluto ng Maja Blanca! Flex ko lang sa inyo kasi I discovered na masarap pala ako magluto nito… LELz. Syempre with the help of the New Carnation Evap — shume-chef sa sarap at angat sa MILKY-NAMNAM ang Maja Blanca ko. At first I thought, Maja Blanca is hard to cook but it turns out to be really easy. You just have to have the patience to mix and wait until it thickens. I got the recipe from cookwithcarnation.ph, btw.
Maja Blanca is a Filipino kakanin (dessert/snack) made from corn, coconut milk, milk, cornstarch, and sugar. In this case, I made use of condensed milk instead of sugar and cream-style corn para mas malasa then just topped it with corn kernels.
- It has to thicken into a thick paste consistency before you remove if from the stove or else it won’t be firm.
- You can top it with latik, cheese, or add cheese to corn kernels to make it more delicious.
- Aside from cream-style corn, you can add ripe Jackfruit (langka) strips to make it more flavorful.
First time din ni Twinkle kumain ng Maja Blanca… like naman daw nya …. hihihi.
Kayo mga mamsh, do you also cook Maja Blanca?Print
- 1 pack NESTLÉ® Carnation® Evap 250ml
- ½ cup water
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® Carnation® Condensada
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can cream-style corn
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 can corn kernels, drained and rinsed well
- Combine NESTLÉ® Carnation® Evap, water, NESTLÉ® Carnation® Condensada, coconut milk, cream-style corn and cornstarch in a heavy-bottom pot. Mix well with a spatula.
- Bring to a simmer while continuously stirring making sure nothing is sticking at the bottom of the pot. Cook until very thick but still spreadable.
- Brush a serving container with oil. Pour Maja Blanca mixture and spread evenly. Top with corn kernels and serve.