Are you tired of snacking on jerky? Here are some unique ways you can enjoy jalapeno beef jerky.
Jerky makes excellent snacks, especially when you are on the go, like on hikes, picnics, or road trips. It gives you sufficient energy to power through that last mile on your walk. It has a crispy and delicious taste, and it’s no doubt the best source of protein.
Adding jerky to some of your meals can enhance the flavor and make your meals more enticing. When you are not snacking on jerky, you come up with unique ways to eat jalapeno beef jerky.
10 Unique Ways To Enjoy Jalapeno Beef Jerky
Let’s look at ten unique ways you can enjoy your jalapeno beef jerky.
1. Deviled Eggs
Add jalapeno beef jerky to make your boiled eggs yummier with a touch of spice. It’s effortless to make this combo; you need to boil at least four eggs; after they are cooked, cut them, remove the yolk, and place it in a separate bowl. Mash the yolk and add mayonnaise, mustard, and salt. Then take a spoon of the mixture and put it in your sliced egg white.
Then take your jalapeno beef jerky and chop it into small pieces, then sprinkle them on your deviled eggs. This makes for a great snack or breakfast.
2. As a Garnishing for Bloody Mary
Have you ever heard of meat being added to a cocktail? Probably not. But if you are organizing brunch, make it more interesting by pairing the Bloody Marys with several strips of beef jerky.
The best part is that it gives your cocktail a great spicy finish as you get to eat your jerky strips after downing your cocktail.
Adding beef jerky to your omelet is the best way to spice up your breakfast. After pouring eggs into the pan, cut your beef jerky on the top. This ensures it’s embedded into your omelet. The jerky boosts your egg’s protein content.
4. Add to Beans
Jalapeno beef jerky can be used to add spice and flavor to your bean stew. It makes for a great stew to eat with rice and chapati.
Jerky is a popular addition to salads because it adds flavor and a crunchy and savory taste to your green salad. It goes well with vegetable salad as it also acts as a source of protein.
6. Simmer in a Tomato Sauce
A thick tomato sauce is the best, and you can make yours thick by adding beef jerky. Many people prepare tomato sauce to mix with pasta and other dry food such as rice. After cooking your tomato sauce for some time, add your sliced beef jerky. How to soften store bought beef jerky, beef jerky soften when you add a little water to it.
Ensure you garnish your tomato sauces with other spices and ingredients, such as cream, bell peppers, garlic, and parsley. These ensure that your sauces come out smelling heavenly and tasting yummy.
7. Bake with Cornbread
You can spice up your breakfast or dinner cornbread by adding beef jerky instead of pancetta. When making your batter, grate or sprinkle pieces of jalapeno beef jerky and pop your batter into the oven.
8. Jerky Gravy with Biscuits
You can make a beef jerky gravy to eat with your biscuits. But don’t make a habit of eating this combo as it can be bad for your health due to the high amount of carbs.
Making beef jerky gravy is easy; you need cornstarch, butter, milk, and salt. You can add pepper if the spice in your jerky is not enough. Mix your ingredients under medium heat, then add chopped jalapeno beef jerky. And cook till they are soft. Let it simmer for a few minutes, then serve while it’s hot with biscuits.
9. Beef Jerky With Fried Rice
Cooking fried rice with beef jerky is not complicated; you just need to add the jerky when it is about to dry, mix it up, and cover for the steam to soften it. Add flavor and color to your fried rice by adding chopped pieces of beef jerky. And it also adds loads of protein. You can serve it with another stew on the side.
10. Beef Jerky With Avocado Salad
If you love avocado, you can make an avocado salad with beef jerky and add roasted corn and nuts.
How To Make Jalapeno Beef Jerky At Home
Store-bought jalapeno beef jerky usually has salt, pepper, and preservatives. Making jalapeno beef jerky home is easy as the ingredients are readily available.
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Knife cutting board
- Baking tray
- Select the best meat with little to no fat
- Slice the meat into thin strips. You can place it in the freezer for about one hour as it is easier to cut frozen meat into thin slices.
- Marinate your meat. Marination gives your jerky a savory combo of flavors. You can mix up your spices, place your meat in it and ensure every part of your strips is covered. Remember to add jalapeno to your marinade.
- Remove your meat strips from the marinade and place them on a baking tray. Then take a paper towel and pat to absorb the excess marinade. If you want your jerky extra spicy, you can add a bit of black pepper after you are done patting them with a paper towel.
- The final step is drying your strips to make crispy beef jerky. You can do this by placing your tray in a smoker, oven, or dehydrator. Ensure that the temperature is between 160 – 180 degrees as it allows your beef jerky to cook slowly.
- After they are cooked, please place them in a clean jar while they are warm and do not seal completely to allow some air to escape.
Snacking on jalapeno beef jerky can be addicting, but more addicting is finding unique ways to incorporate jerky into your meals. Jalapeno beef jerky is the perfect topping and addition to some bland meals such as beans, vegetable salad, and tomato sauce. They also spice up your brunch by adding them with the Bloody Marys.
Wow Ang sasarap Naman nito mommy .
Nice content, thanks for sharing the content.