Ginisang Sayote is a nutritious, delicious, and budget-friendly dish made of chayote sautéed in garlic, onion and ground pork.
And this is Ykaie’s ultimate favorite vegetable dish. It’s also becoming Twinkle’s most liked veggie dish as well. Kaya naman, it’s also the most requested vegetable dish here at home along with Ginisang Baguio Beans. I love cooking this because it’s so simple and easy to make. We usually pair this with fried fish or fried chicken especially because DaddyDoodleDoo cannot eat this vegetable alone.
Ginisang Sayote Recipe Video
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g ground pork
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 sayote, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 pork cube
- 1 tbsp patis
- pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté the garlic and onion until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ground pork and cook until brown.
- Add the water and pork cube. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the carrots and sayote. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until sayote is cooked.
- Season with patis and pepper to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice.