Sorry, I’m late…..
Yeah, this Shrimp Thermidor was one of the dishes we had during Christmas lunch….
And I’m blogging about it now because…
a. I don’t have anything to talk about…
b. I’m kinda on a diet and cooking something that is high in sugar and fat isn’t an option for me today..
c. I feel like eating shrimp but I’m too lazy to go to the market to buy some, so I decided to just stare at this photo of pretty shrimps
d. I’m really craving for Cream Cheese Frosting and to take my mind away from my craving I have to keep it busy by writing this post.
It’s all of the above.
I’m eating bittermelons and tofu for lunch today…
And I just finished doing some exercise. I don’t really know how long this exercise thing is gonna last…
I’m giving myself a week..LOL!
Oh, BTW, here’s the recipe…
- ¼ cup onions,chopped
- 2 tbsp diced green bell pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups grated quick melting cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry tarragon
- ½ tspn dry mustard
- 1½ cups cooked shrimp,
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Sauté onion and bell pepper over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add milk, heat slowly, stirring frequently.
- Bring to a gentle boil and add 1 cup of cheese, lemon juice, spices.
- Heat completely through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Thicken with cornstarch-water mixture if needed.
- Cut open shrimps in the middle using a scissor or a knife.
- Scoop out this mixture into each shrimps open midsection
- Top with grated cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180º
- Serve warm.