This Chicken Ala King is made richer and creamier with Nestlé All Purpose Cream. Good Luck in eating just one cup of rice…
You might think that as a food blogger and one who loves to cook, I must have all our lunches and dinners covered all the time. Well — surprise! — not the case! Ironically, working around food sometimes catches me at a lost for ideas on what to cook for dinner. Of course, serving repetitive dinner dishes is a no-no. peanutbutter♥ and Ykaie are used to me serving exciting and new recipes as I also like to experiment most of the time. I notice that when I serve them the usual and repetitive recipe they tend to eat less and they’re not as excited.
Good thing I found a new friend that will make dinner time a lot more zestful — Nestlé All Purpose Cream. I used to think that Nestlé All Purpose Cream is only made for dessert. Well not anymore, it can actually liven up boring everyday ulams (viands) by making it creamier and tastier.
NESTLÉ ALL PURPOSE CREAM has been a great partner of moms in making creamy creations with a twist. It is made with: water, milk fat, skimmed milk powder, emulsifiers (soya lecithin), stabilizer, natural and nature-identical flavors, and beta-carotene.
Check out what our #OUFT (Our Ulam For Tonight) is — Chicken Ala King.
Chicken Ala King is a a dish consisting of diced chicken in a cream sauce, and often with sherry, mushrooms, and vegetables, served over rice, pasta, or bread. Today, we are serving creamier and tastier Chicken Ala King over Green Peas Rice. I added sliced black olives in place of sherry in this recipe. It was a hit with peanutbutter♥ and Ykaie… even our beloved dog JayR loved it.. no kidding.
I’m sure you’ll love this. This recipe can also be found at the Nestlé Cream Facebook Page.
Now I’m very eager to try the other dishes at the Nestlé Cream Facebook Page. Have you tried their other OUFT recipes?
- 1kg whole chicken, chopped into serving pieces
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1 sachet 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP®
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 pack NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM 250ml
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper or pimientos, sliced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour or as needed
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Sauté chicken in butter until chicken turns white in color.
- Stir-in button mushrooms then season with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP®. Pour in chicken stock and boil for 10 minutes. Add evaporated milk, simmer without boiling for 3 minutes.
- Add NESTLÉ® ALL PURPOSE CREAM and beaten egg. Stir-in bell pepper or pimiento and black olives. Simmer over low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Thicken with flour until desired consistency of the sauce is achieved.
- Add sherry wine if desired. Serve hot.