Calamares is crispy fried squid.
This is one of my favorite dishes and one of many that my cousin served us when we stayed at her home in Subic.
- 5 medium sized squids, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 2 calamansi
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Se aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- While oil is heating up, dip each squid ring in beaten egg then dredge in flour.
- Deep fry squid rings until golden brown.
- served with soy-calamansi dipping sauce