Calamares is crispy fried squid.
This is one of my favorite dishes and one of many that my cousin served us when we stayed at her home in Subic.Print
Calamares (Fried Squid)
- 5 medium sized squids, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- juice of 2 calamansi
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Se aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- While oil is heating up, dip each squid ring in beaten egg then dredge in flour.
- Deep fry squid rings until golden brown.
- served with soy-calamansi dipping sauce