We are back to normal — normal Summer init. And I am back to stressing. Stress cleaning, stress cooking, stress binge watching, — stress eating! I am desperately trying to avoid stress eating, though. Baka kasi wala ng mag-fit na damit sa akin the next time I dress up for something.
Anyway, Today I’m sharing with you a super duper easy recipe — Fish Curry. I cooked this the other day after we went grocery shopping. We were pressed for time and super hungry for lunch. Since we were able to buy Espada fish, I thought I’d make super quick Fish Curry kesa naman fried lang, diba?
This is just like your regular Chicken Curry dish.. the only difference is the fish because you have to fry it first before cooking it in the sauce.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 1 large espada fish, cut into ⅔-inch pieces
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small pack coco mama (coconut milk)
- or 1 cup coconut milk (kakang gata)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ cup water
- patis to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the espada fish until cooked. Set aside.
- Next, fry the potatoes and carrots, set aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan and sauté garlic and onion until translucent.
- Pour the coconut milk and water. Add curry powder and mix well.
- Add potatoes and carrots.Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add fish sauce to taste
- Add back the fish and bell pepper. Mix well and simmer for 30 seconds and then turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!