My Twinkle loves Brown Sugar Boba Milk (or Brown Sugar Pearl Milk) and since we are on ECQ and there’s a pandemic, as much as possible we try to cook everything at home. Good thing I was able to but Ersao Pearls at Fishermall when we did the grocery two weeks ago! So today, I was able to make Brown Sugar Pearls.
Medyo matagal lang lutuin yung pearls but it is so worth the wait.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
Ayan, now that you’ve watched the video,(please excuse the two typos) you know how easy it is to make at home. It’s cheaper too since you can make a glass for the whole family for less than the cost kung mag-oorder kayo.
If you’re not a Brown Sugar Boba Milk fan, you can also put these yummy Brown Sugar Pearls in milk tea, iced tea, or fruit shakes.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 2 cups black pearls
- 12 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup ice
- cold milk
- Cook the pearls according to package direction.: Pour the pearls into boiling water. Pearl to water ratio should be 1:6.
- Stir lightly and let the pearls float to the top. Cook for 30 minutes on low heat with cover on, stirring from time to time to prevent sticking.
- After 30 minutes, turn off heat and steep the pearls for 30 more minutes. Drain.
- Cook the brown sugar while draining. Put the brown sugar in a non-sick pan. Melt it on medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Once brown sugar is melted, add the drained pearls and stir. Keep on stirring until it's combined.
- You may add water ½ cup at a time if it's too thick or if there's sugar that has hardened. Just continue stirring and it will melt.
- To make the Brown Sugar Boba Milk: Put about ¼ cup off brown sugar pearl in a tall glass. Make sure some of the brown sugar syrup touches the wall of the glass.
- Add ice and pour your favorite cold milk.
- Drink and enjoy!
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!