GAAAHHHD! When will this Summer heat end?! Let’s admit it mommies, even if we just took a bath, paglabas ng banyo — hulas at pawis na agad tayo. It’s really super hot these days and because of that I almost don’t want to stay in the kitchen and cook. But, everyone’s at home — eating, snacking, and dessert-ing!
As a mom, we always make sure our chikitings and their daddy have merienda and dessert ready. So even if the kitchen is scorching hot, I made this CREAMY YEMA CAKE.
Ssshhh, don’t tell anyone but I cheated a little when I made this. I just bought our favorite chiffon loaf (a.k.a. taisan loaf) so that I won’t have to bake and just cook the super duper easy Yema Frosting. I saved work, time, effort and avoided that annoying kitchen heat.
Guess what? the kids loved it! Winner sa kids ang lasa ng cake dahil mas pina-creamy ang frosting! They even helped put the frosting on the “cake”.
And we have lots of “extra” Yema Frosting too!
So we put some on our slices! Sarap with coffee!
Try nyo to at home ha! I promise you won’t regret making this.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…Print
Easy Creamy Yema Cake
Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 3 pcs eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 pack 125ml Nestle All Purpose Cream
- 2 pcs egg yolks
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
- Whip egg yolk and 1/3 cup sugar until light. Gradually add fresh milk and vanilla extract. Sift flour with baking powder. Mix in the egg yolk mixture. Separately whip egg whites with 2 tbsp of sugar until soft peaks. Fold in the egg yolk mixture. (20mins)
- Pour into a 2 pcs of lyanera lined with buttered parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 320°F oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the cake. Set aside to cool completely. Remove cake from the pan and discard parchment paper.
- For the yema frosting, combine Nestle All Purpose Cream, egg yolks, cornstarch, evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix well and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Turn off heat and stir in butter. Pour on top of cakes and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Top with grated cheese
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!