One of the many things that this pandemic has brought to my attention is how we eat. I recognized our need to lose weight and tried to go on a diet — I tried to go on Keto and Low Carb diet which worked for me. But now that we are fighting off a deadly virus, I figured it’s about time I change my view about dieting in general.
We are all overweight in the family and while we are working to shed off those extra pounds, we figured that what we should prioritize right now is to work on boosting our immunity. We should stick to eating natural food and add more fresh fruits and vegetables in our meals.. as much as possible. Syempre minsan hindi naman natin mapipigilan ang mag-indulge but we will try to do so in moderation.
So when I cooked BEEF BROCCOLI the other day, I added some cauliflower to add more veggies. These vegetables came in fresh from my online grocery shopping at COOP GROCER.
Photos of my grocery haul are below….
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT COOP GROCER
Ang saya mamili because aside from being convenient and safe, they carry almost everything you need from food to self-care to home needs to medicine — they even have office supplies. Did you see that that ream of bond paper that I bought?
I love that they have ARAW-ARAW sealed fresh produce sourced straight from farmers which makes it affordable. And of course, I also love that they offer COOP FRESH products which are all natural, non-GMO, no pesticide, and no fungicide.
You don’t need to go out to buy your groceries anymore. You can shop at the comforts of your home and be safe. If you want to try it yourself, you may download the app through the App Store or Google Play.
I’m doing another round of groceries with them this week. Chika ko sa inyo ulit kung anong lulutuin ko ha.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 500g Beef Sukiyaki cut,cut into pieces
- 2 broccoli heads, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with
- 4 tbsp water (slurry)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 inch knob of ginger, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate beef strips in the oyster sauce for 10-20 minutes.
- Sauté onions in heated oil in a pan until onion becomes transluscent.
- Add ginger, continue sautéing for a few seconds then add beef.
- Fry beef for a few minutes until golden brown .Add 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until beef becomes tender.
- Stir in sesame oil and cornstarch slurry.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broccoli florets and cauliflower and stir to coat with sauce.
- Turn off heat after a minute or two of simmering.
- Serve with steamed rice
♥ If you make this recipe, kindly snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!